Thursday, June 21, 2012

June 21 - CN Mt. Clemens Sub

A very interesting day today in the Port Huron area on the CN. The tunnel yard must have been backed up quite a bit.

 First I found an Eastbound train on the Flint Sub at Wadhams Road waiting, lights off, on the siding west of Wadhams. Busy traffic did not allow me to find a good place to pull off and take pictures, so I moved on.

Second, I found a similar situation on the Mt. Clemens Sub. Once again, an eastbound mixed freight train was waiting just on the west side of Range Road.

VIDEO:





That there is GTW 4902 a GP 38 and CN 2138 a C40-8W. The only thing that would make it better would be if 4902 was still in the GT blue and orange!




Right after I took this picture it started down pouring, so there are no pics or videos of when the locomotives uncoupled and continued east, leaving the train behind. With Griswold and Michigan Roads closed due to the grade separation project, I could not see what exactly was going on in the yard, but here is a view from the Amtrak station.


About an hour later, I returned. And so did the 2138 without its GTW counterpart.




No comments:

Post a Comment